Sunday 7 June 2015

Venison in a red wine jus




For tea tonight I cooked a lovely venison steak and prepared a red wine jus separately, serving it with mushrooms, potatoes and assorted vegetables.
The venison was a shoulder steak that I fried in butter and olive oil.


The ingredients for the jus were: 
  • A red wine from bordeux
  • Mushrooms
  • Onions
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Brandy
  • Cream
  • Italian Herbs
  • Oregano
  • Worcestershire Sauce
I started by softening the onions and then added the mushrooms,
I then seasoned with salt and pepper, putting in the Italian herbs,
oregano, Worcestershire sauce and wine. I reduced the sauce over a medium heat, stirring frequently over the course of 5-10 minutes. When the jus was reduced I added a dash of brandy, the cream and some juice from the venison.


I served the meat with broad beans, runner beans, boiled jersey potatoes and carrots.



No comments:

Post a Comment